Well it looks like a pretty soggy 4th of July forecast here on the East coast. Here in Florida it has been raining all week with no signs of stopping. It looks like our 4th of July fun is being rained out, the BBQ, the pool and the fireworks are all being put on hold as my two little ones sit here staring at a gloomy sky listening to the crashes of thunder. I hate to let a fun holiday pass us by so we are going to make the most of it with an indoor 4th of July celebration.
Here are a few indoor kid friendly crafts that are sure to keep your little fireworks entertained and excited!
1. Make some colorful fireworks that are perfect for an indoor celebration, use pipe cleaners, glitter paper towel rolls, get creative finding things around the house and re-purposing them.
2. Great rainy day fun find an old tshirt and get some RIT dye, have fun getting creative tye-dying
3. Have some fun in the kitchen making chocolate dipped pretzel rods, add your favorite red white and blue sugar or sprinkles
4. Create your own fireworks! Grab some paint a straw and a piece of construction paper.
5. Decorate your house with these festive paper lanterns
6. Take advantage of your time indoors to document those tiny handprints, grab some construction paper and craft paint and make a keepsake to remember the 4th!
For more ideas visit our Pinterest board, be sure to become a follower to see all of our latest educational finds.